don't you sometimes


don't you sometimes Originally uploaded by dressform.

just want to stick out your tongue?

so miss photobooth queen the booth in my hood is alive and kicking... and i'm teaching across the street from it all summer.... wonder what i'll be doing??

sorry it's so grainy, but no time to bust out the scanner. i do love how the whole set of these is red tinged... obviously partially due to the background and the PINK coat [it makes another appearance!] but somehow it felt like a red filter was applied....

what's the tongue sticking out all about? it's almost my immediate reaction to someone pointing a camera at me. i've made some friends by sticking my tongue out at them [it's true!]. it's a dumb ice breaker. it makes me feel silly. it can be defiant, coy, ridiculous! the multi-purpose and underused facial expression if you ask me....

believe it or not "divine intervention" came up twice this week. and i don't mean in a hand of god kind of way. it's making me think that someone or something is trying to tell me something. ok. i'm listening. lay it on me.... there's a lot of shift and change in the air, doncha think? lots of blog and computer overload. chatter of balance, community, sharing, missing, loving, weight, committment. my head is swimming, my fingers curled from typing, my heart searching.

mav wants to discuss this bloggy thing/madness/love.... let's all put our thinking caps on and join in next week, huh? happy weekend! i'm nervous... have a studio visit on sunday. gulp.

Comments

Anonymous said…
oh my goodness - i, too, am totally and utterly a "tongue-sticker-outer" when faced with a camera lens! hehe scores and scores of of such photos from my childhood. i love this about you!
LeS said…
You've got me all stirred up with this post Lisa...I'm headed to the Bizarre Bazaar tomorrow...maybe I'll stick my tongue out and make a few new friends.

And, yeah for blogging. I've only just begun and feel more connected already.
Anonymous said…
I love sticking my tongue out at strangers, people driving by, joggers, anyone who looks too stiff. People seem to take themselves so seriously and this jolts them out of their own zone. Who know such a small gesture could completely change someones' day!
Anonymous said…
a studio visit on Sunday? You are being coy without sticking out your tongue! I look forward to hearing great news at your next post.
Anonymous said…
hi lisa. i woke up thinking about you this morning. thinking we need to hang out again soon. anyhow, i got in huge trouble when i was little because whilst on a bike ride with my fanily at about age 5 (i might have even been on the back of my mom's bike) i stuck my tongue out at passers by. and when my parents discovered this i was punished and sent to my room. left a lasting impression on me, so i rarely use my tongue for such things. interesting. and i love your photobooth photo.
Anonymous said…
Lisa-
I love the photobooth pic. I am definitely not a toungue-sticker-outer . As a child (and sometimes still) I was the "accidental frowner"-and got the name "crabby-abby" from a horrible set of photos shot at Olan-Mills. The blog-thing seems out of control right now (just the sheer volume of them), so hard to keep up I am almost tempted to note keep up at all. To me, you seem like the "blog mama"-the one who somewhat mediates and connects many of us-does this sound weird? I just mean that I see you in little bits all over the place, leaving kind words and encouragment behind. It is a very good thing. Blogging has a weird way of making me feel a very disconnected connection, hmmm...I need to think more before I ramble type-Anyway-enjoy your weekend, talk soon-abby
Anonymous said…
well its sunday morning and I am wishing you well with your studio visit!!
I love this photo and that you stick your tongue out all the time. I think it a fabulous ice breaker and totally should be used more often.
change and shift coming from change of season - school almost out that sort of thing, maybe it stirs up the rest.
Jan Halvarson said…
great photobooth shot! you're doing what we all want to do!

i'm open to discussing a way to manage all this whole online world - there's got to be a way
dani said…
you are gorgeous! love this image!
Anonymous said…
Such a cutie! I am starting to think that with all of these important philosophical blog related ideas being considered lately, we might all need floaties for our minds. Don't forget that your mind should not swim unless it has been 30 minutes since it's last meal!
Anonymous said…
Love love love the photo! I love it even more because it's a little grainy and the pink crochet coat is in it. And you of course! :) I was more of a cross-eyed-photo-child actually...I fell back on that when I first met my husband and I'd squint out of pure insecurity...good thing he married me anyway...;)
I've thought a lot about that blogging thing (again!) after reading Mavs post...I even wrote the perfect post about it in my mind while brushing my teeth but it's gone now...damn... HAVE to find a way to connect my brain directly to the keyboard...
I hope the studio visit went splendid and you didn't stick out your tongue! ;)
andrea said…
well, I am EXTREMELY late to the scene here... nevertheless, I love this. lovelovelove! love that you took the time to jump in the booth, love that you are sticking your tongue out. fabulous, dahlink. and I accept the role of reigning photoboth queen. humbly, I accept... :) hahahahaha. I like to stick my tongue out at kids on the school bus. they love it.

(so sorry about your computer! uuuggghhhh)

Popular Posts