why we blog


vintage lights Originally uploaded by dressform.

update! more why we blogs are out there.... they are so amazing and touching and !!! go read them !!! and keep them coming....by the way... blogger somehow screwed up this post - so all the comments are gone - i had to re-post it [crap on blogger again!] but thank you for them! they are all still in my gmail inbox and are completely appreciated!!

trying to get in the holiday spirit. feeling a bit grinchy this year. just not enough time to do the decorating right and if you aren't going to do it right.... why do it at all??

i know i have been a bit absent from me blog.... just too much going on this week... but i'm hoping that this week marks the end of the absolutely insane schedule. if i can get my syllabi in for next quarter i will feel a huge burden lift!

i have been LOVING people's posts on why they blog. here's the list thus far.... if i left you out please email me [lisasolomondotcom@gmail.com] and i'll be sure to add you! thanks you guys....

craftapalooza
green girl
disdressed new to me and a really nice blog
french toast cake also new to me and incredibly charming!
tales from third place
loobylu i'm sure claire doesn't read my blog, but she happened to write about why she blogs. coinkydinks are nice... :)

the list continues:
red current
port2port
mooncici
liquid paper
scrapalicious
nebo peklo
monster crochet turkey feathers
anke
my freak out post that got me thinking....
the post where i asked the question why do we blog?
karin's style blog
clementine's shoes
simple sparrow
poppytalk
oh joy!
red felt flower

little birds
abby tries again
rampant bicycle
little bits of fluff and stuff....
red cruiser
little bitty girl
hula 70
happy things

hopefully drawings a bit later today [when it rains it pours with posts!]

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like this meme. :) Got an addition for you! (See link above.)
IMEDAGOZE said…
hi lisa:

I found your blog through POPPY's "why we blog" link. Too bad I missed everybody elses' postings... :) Anyway, thought it's a good idea to share why I blog.

I'm the biggest fan of all home/interior/decor magazines. I'd search any interesting, creative items from the magazines on the www, and my browser's bookmark list became a long and real messy one. It's still messy now, btw.

But I can't share this excitement with anybody around me here, simply because my circles are around IT and Finance people. None of them in any sorts of creative fields, and we just never talk about these. Don't get me wrong, I came from IT background as well, and my circle of ppl here are good friends of mine. So I'm not saying I'm in a wrong circle of friends. I just felt the need to create a new circle with ppl who are really into creative things. And being a mother, it's hard to find time to get to know others here. I figured it's easier and faster, of course, to start on www.

it was around the same time that blogging news was filling up local newspapers and tabloids in Singapore. After I found out what blogging is and searched for creative blog sites, I realized I should start blogging, too, and share my favorite things on www. And I'm glad I did. Now I'm meeting ppl with same interests thru my blog and others' blogs. It's a real fascinating journey for me, and I never wish it to end. :)

That's my story. :) Thanks for giving me a chance to share it here. ;-) and of course, thanks to Jan for linking me here. Cheers.
Anonymous said…
i love that pollariod!

Popular Posts