pet to blog + mystery solvedl


more garbo kissing Originally uploaded by dressform.

OK p2p you win... i have so enjoyed reading about others furry friends, that i will add to the pet goodness! :: warning :: if you are sick of pet posts skip ahead... there's some art waiting for you at the end of this....

this is garbo. a.k.a. the boo, miss sweetness, baby girl, gabanzo, boobala, garbutt. i have several pets. and they all have a heart breaking story of some sorts... this is hers [the short version]. found roaming the streets of oakland with a chewed up extension cord tied around her neck... she was snagged while wolfing down a bowl of free-bee dog treats at a doggie physical therapy clinic. she was rescued by a vet hospital that my hubby worked at. she was emaciated and had horrible skin. she was given the god awful name of nikki and sat at the hospital waiting for someone to take her.... no one did. we had just lost a dog of ours and i was still grieving, but hubby said meet this dog! i said no... not ready. he brought her home one evening anyway [after bringing her home for lunch and making sure she was Ok w/ the kitties]. the first thing she did was jump into my lap and kiss me. that was it. she stole my heart. she is a 70 pound lap dog. she loves to sit in the sun. she loves to climb into bed with us at 5am and get under the covers [she uses the pillows like we do]. one of her favorite things is to get massaged by my mom. she is a snuggler and a lover [despite loosing a toe to another dog, an eye to glaucoma, and having to be on meds for some strange auto immune thing that doesn't make any sense]. she is my boo [not that i have any favorites! :) ]

on to the art front! the cozy tree mystery is no more! i got a missive from k-srasra the orginal poster of the tree... and the artist is... drum roll... one Carol Hummel . bummer is that there isn't very much on her on the WWW either... sigh.... but it's nice to know, huh??

there are a few links to report as well.... candlemomo , a flickr pal, has re-opened up her incredibly adorable shop! i am particularly fond of her hair accessories [too bad i chopped all mine off!]. also happened upon zinc . they have amazingly cute things for amazingly little cash. [i don't need more clothes. i don't need more clothes]

OK i am way overdue to actually get some work done [heat setting shirts!] today... so off i go!

Comments

Anonymous said…
A really heartwarming story...reminds me of Gipsy (you and I know it's "Pasta"!) who was living at a trailer park, abused, neglected...barely alive really. Seems she and Garbo had the chance to start life all over again with people who love them dearly.
Anonymous said…
A really heartwarming story...reminds me of Gipsy (you and I know it's "Pasta"!) who was living at a trailer park, abused, neglected...barely alive really. Seems she and Garbo had the chance to start life all over again with people who love them dearly.
Anonymous said…
I love this story. Thank you for sharing!! I love your 'sneaky' husband - thats funny that he brought garbo home to check with the cats before just dropping by with her when you were home. What a good planner he is!
I am so glad you found out about your tree.
laura r. said…
i love pet stories...
andrea said…
oh my goodness, this is such a sweet story... I love it. thank you so much for sharing.

and thanks for the super-fun shopping links! loving zinc (the jackets!) and I heart candlemomo. now if I could just score some major cash...
Anonymous said…
Thanks for loving my Tree Cozy. Just wanted you to know that I am FINALLY getting my website up. Come visit www.carolhummel.com

Popular Posts